* July 26-28 - Attending SIGGRAPH in Anaheim, CA.
* July 30 - Steve to be a speaker at Classic Game Fest 2016, Austin, Texas on "Movies Into Games and Games Into Movies".
* August 2016 - Next installment of Nuke Nuggets to be released on lynda.com. Follow Steve to get pinged when it is released.
* August 2016 - Master VFX Course: Keying will be released on lynda.com. Follow Steve to get pinged when it is released.
* December 30 - Planned delivery date of 4th edition manuscript for "Digital Compositing for Film and Video" to the publisher.
* March 15 - Greenscreen Workshop with Denver Media Professionals
* April 13-21 - Attending NAB, Las Vegas, NV
* June 19 - Speaker at Denver Comic Con
"ACES Color Management" Op-Ed
In the last several years the subject of color management has become a colossal issue in the visual effects community, and for two distinctly different reasons. The first is that a modern visual effects project will get images from a wide variety of cameras and sources, so how do we get all of these different images to play nice together in a shot? Secondly, how can you render photorealistic CGI for a movie when the live action clips you need to match to bounce around in different color spaces? The answer is ACES, the Academy Color Encoding Specification, that promises to unify all images into a grand unified field theory of color? Read more at ACES Color Management.